Tomato, Broccoli & Leek SoupApril 3, 2008 at 8:20 am | Posted in Dinner | 1 Comment
Well let me just start off saying this looked like mush! But it does have a nice delicate taste. 🙂 and we made some salmon too, with sesame seeds and a bit of that left over Wegmans Asian Barbecue sauce! Much better than just plain salmon! Anyways, onward to the soup recipe…
1 shallot, diced
3 leeks, trimmed, washed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 head of broccoli, trimmed, washed and chopped into slivers
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1) Heat 2 count of olive oil in pot and saute shallot for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
2) Add leeks, let them sweat for 10 minutes over medium heat.
3) Add broccoli and tomatoes and “saute” for 2 minutes.
4) Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
5) Pulverize mixture in blender in 3 batches until relatively smooth.
6) Add cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg!