orange honey glazed carrotsApril 8, 2008 at 8:31 pm | Posted in Dinner | Leave a comment
Well these carrots have been sitting in my fridge for about 2 weeks so today it was finally about time to put them in our tummies! But only in a delicious way of course.
I had a slight recollection of a recipe being in Barefoot at Home and alas I was correct!
5 full size carrots
1 tbsp buttter
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp mandarin orange zest
1/4 cup mandarin orange juice
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1) Cut the carrots diagonally in 1 inch slices.
2) Place 1/4 cup water, honey, butter, 1 tsp salt in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
3) Add the carrots, cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 6 minutes.
4) Remove the lid and continue to cook for 15 minutes, until all the water evaporates.
5) Add the orange zest and juice and mix with the carrots.
6) Simmer uncovered for 5 more minutes until the carrots are al dente and the “sauce” slightly glazes the carrots. Season to taste and enjoy!