chicken and rice…royale!April 11, 2008 at 11:09 am | Posted in Dinner, Entertainment | Leave a comment
Last night’s dinner was impeccably simple (and cheap!) and was perfect for our rush to get out the door to get to class, film class (no less!) to see the updated Casino Royale. And apparently in some way that movie has ties to feminist theories…but OH YUM Daniel Craig. (he was definitely “dessert”!)
And also apparently from my redundant dinner colorings, I like orange, white and green things!
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 cup white rice
1 can (2 cup) chicken broth
1 small white onion
1 can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup frozen peas
Butter and Olive Oil
Salt, pepper, paprika, and crushed red pepper
1) Saute diced onion in 1 tbsp butter + 1 count olive oil for 2 minutes over medium heat
2) Add rice and continue to saute for 1 minute
3) Add chicken broth and bring to boil, then simmer on low covered for 20 minutes.
4) Heat up 1 tbsp butter and 2 count olive oil in nonstick pan over medium high heat, cut up chicken into 1 inch “cubed” pieces, saute chicken for ~12 minutes (until done!), flipping halfway through.
5) Once chicken is done, add tomatoes and peas and saute over medium-high heat for ~3 minutes until everything is warm.
6) Add spices to taste, mix in cooked rice and eat & enjoy!