broccoli & chicken bake with some extra amelie!April 17, 2008 at 10:29 pm | Posted in Dinner, Entertainment | Leave a comment
Cook’s Country inspired Laura and I to create this savory and tasty dish for dinner that lasted a good two nights!
and for our entertainment pleasure, our first netflix rental: amelie- ALL IN FRENCH!! Mind you I do not speak french very well (or hardly at all for that matter…). But since the remote for our TV with built in DVD has been long gone since we moved in last year, all I could do was hit play…no subtitles for us lovely ladies! Nevertheless, amelie is the most delightful movie, even without supposed witty banter. 😀
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 heads of broccoli, cleaned and cut into thin pieces
1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1.5 onion, diced small
1/4 cup flour
4 tbsp butter
1.5 cup parmesan cheese
1) Melt 1.5 tbsp butter in nonstick pan over med-high heat. Pat dry and season chicken breasts with s&p. Cook chicken breasts until each side is browned in pan (about 8 minutes total).
2) Remove breasts (into oven safe baking dish) and add remaining butter to pot and preheat the oven to broil. Cook onions until browned (2 minutes). Add flour and continue to cook for 1 minute (stir!)
3) Add chicken broth and cream and continue to cook until thickened (4 minutes).
4) Meanwhile! (back at the ranch…) cook the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl for 4 minutes, until bright green and slightly softened.
5) Add broccoli and 1 cup cheese to the pot and stir to combine.
6) Pour mixture over chicken breasts and top it all off with remaining cheese!
7) Broil for 4 minutes until bubbly and browned! Enjoy!