Strawberry & Chocolate TartMay 4, 2008 at 12:29 pm | Posted in Dessert | Leave a comment
Girlie party dessert #2! (In addition to the cheesecake pops! oh they are still amazingly delicious even after 2 weeks!) I found this inspiration from la tartine gourmande. Megan and I were discussing earlier in the week about amazing desserts for the party and we came up with the idea for strawberry tart, and luckily la tartine gourmande made one last week!
I love me some strawberries!!!
Tart crust recipe can be seen from my tart made earlier in the week!
2 cups of skim milk
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup cornstarch
2.5 oz dark chocolate, 70% cocoa, melted
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp vanilla bean, split open
1 tablespoon butter
1 tsp raspberry jam + 1 tsp water
1) Heat the milk with the vanilla to boiling, remove from heat and then keep warm.
2) In a pot, beat the sugar with the eggs yolks until white and fluffy. Add the cornstarch and mix.
3) Add the milk slowly and return the pot to the heat.
4) While stirring constantly, bring the cream to a boil and cook for 1 to 2 min. Incredibly all of a sudden, it will thicken!
5) Add the chocolate and cocoa powder, and mix well.
6) Pour the chocolate custard in a bowl placed in a recipient full of iced water, and let cool. When it is slightly cooled down, add 1 tablespoon butter and stir well. Use the custard right away, or place it in the fridge, covered until ready to use.
7) To assemble the tart, garnish the chocolate crust with the chocolate custard.
8 ) Add the diced strawberries and paint with strained jam dissolved in water.