Salmon & Brussel Sprouts au lardonJune 3, 2008 at 8:15 pm | Posted in Dinner | 2 Comments
Finally tonight I was able to cook a nice meal for laurita and I! I swear it has been three weeks since I cooked dinner after a workday! So I bought some brussel sprouts from wegmans like three weeks ago (and thank gosh they were still edible!) and I combined that with bacon, salmon, couscous and a rosemary lemon sauce.
This was definitely an interesting and tasty dinner concoction! And now Laura learned that brussel sprouts are not so bad at all, especially with bacon!
2 salmon filets
3 slices of bacon, chopped into 1/4 inch wide pieces
15 small brussel sprouts, with bottom part cut off and an X made with a knife!
1/2 box couscous
1.5 cup chicken stock
1 tsp fresh rosemary (chopped fine)
s&p, to taste
1) Bring a small pot of water to a boil and cook brussel sprouts for ~5 minutes in boiling water. Then drain and pour cold water over!
2) In the meantime, cook bacon in a nonstick with 1 ct evoo over medium heat until nice and crispy, about 5 minutes also.
3) When bacon is done, add salmon (seasoned well) and cook for 4 minutes over medium high heat on one side, flip over and add brussel sprouts to pan (season well also!). Cook for a couple more minutes so that both sides of salmon are nice and brown.
4) Also in the meantime, heat up 1 cup chicken stock in same small pot to a boil with a splash of evoo, add couscous, stir, cover, remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
5) In a small sauce pan, heat up 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 ct olive oil until boiling. Lower heat and simmer until reduced by half. Then add s&p and rosemary!
6) Plate couscous, salmon, sprouts, bacon bits and drizzle generously with sauce! Enjoy!