Raspberry Couer a la CremeJune 17, 2008 at 10:05 pm | Posted in Dessert | 4 Comments
Here is another dessert from my girlie party on Saturday! It comes from Mrs. Ina Garten and even though it looks like a white mass of something…it was delicious! (with minor adjustments…)
I am submitting this to another one of Mike’s Table Food Challenges!
12 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1.25 cups powdered sugar
2.5 cups cold heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp grapefruit extract
1 pint fresh raspberries
Sauce Ingredients (makes 2 cups- so I cut these amts in half):
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup raspberry jam
1 tbsp framboise liquer
1) Put raspberries, sugar and 1/8 cup water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
2)Pour the cooked raspberries, jam, and liquer into a food processor fitted with steel blade and process until smooth. Chill!
For the dessert:
1) Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on high speed for 2 minutes with a mixer with paddle attachment (ina speaks the truth, this mixture gets crazy!)
2) Change the beater to the whisk, and on low speed add the heavy cream, vanilla, and zest and then beat on high speed until the mixture is very thick, like whipped cream!
3) Line a heart shaped mold with cheesecloth so the ends drape over the sides and place it on a plate, making sure there is space between the bottom of the mold and the plate for the liquid to drain. Pour the mixture into the cheesecloth, fold the ends over the top and refridgerate overnight (I left it in there for 3 days!) BUT the liquid never came out…so the mixture stayed creamy…and then I put the dish in the freezer to make it solidify a bit (30 minutes).
4) Unmold the cream, place it back in the freezer for 5 minutes, drizzle sauce and garnish with berries! Serve nice and chilled!
Basically a frozen smooth cream cheese ice cream! delish!