Raspberry MadeleinesOctober 1, 2008 at 8:39 pm | Posted in Dessert | 4 Comments
In addition to the lovely feast of chicken and potatoes on Monday we had a bit of sweet! Laurita bought me the madeleine pan for my birthday and I decided it was finally time to whip it out!
These babies were so delicately delicious. Check out the recipe from the Paris Williams Sonoma cookbook below!
I did not know if the recipe would be appropriate for a mini madeleine pan so I decided to halve it! Next time I will make the whole recipe and then do 1.5 pourings into the pan, they are so good, I could eat them all day!
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup flour, sifted
1/4 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp raspberry extract
2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
confectionery sugar (dyed pink with red food coloring) for dusting
1) Whip up egg, sugar and salt for about 5 minutes until light in color, full and frothy.
2) Add in extracts and mix well.
3) Add flour and mix slowly until just incorporated.
4) Pour in half of the butter and fold. The pour in the rest and fold.
5) Smear room temp butter all over pan and dust with flour, preheat oven to 375 deg C.
6) Add about 1/2 tbsp to each spot and cook for about 9 minutes until they are springy.
7) Once finished baking, invert over a wire rack (mine fell out immediately!).
8 ) Dust with sugar and ENJOY! 😀
oh yay for pink desserts. 😀